A Girl and Her Dream

Hi everyone, I'm Madeline Joy. Welcome to my blog, Tower of Joy.

This blog is a new beginning, a first step into the unknown. It's a journey that I've wanted to embark on for a long time. It's a dream finally awoken into reality.

Since this is my first post, I thought I'd share a little about myself and my dream.


I was the girl who spent recess wandering through my imagination.
The girl whose favorite part of the week was library time.
The girl who searched for a magical, hidden world.
The girl who lived more in books than reality.
The girl who began to feel like a stranger on her own planet.

I spent more time alone with my thoughts than I ever did with people. I still do.

But reading and writing has shown me that I'm not alone.

I'm not the only one who dreams.
I'm not the only one who watches the stars.
I'm not the only one who longs for a place I've never known.
I'm not the only one who weeps for the brokenness of this world.

Writing is a way to express my thoughts and feelings, my hopes and fears, my anger and anguish and joy.

I realize that my writing might never change the world. But it could change one person's world.

One person. That's all that matters, really.

One moment of peace.

One heartbeat of hope.

One smile of joy.

I want to remind the individuals of this world that they are not alone. They are loved by a God who has never once forgotten them.

That is my dream.

To write stories that will change people's hearts and open their eyes. Even if it's just for a moment.


Thanks for reading my first post! I'd love to meet you and hear your thoughts in the comment section below - just please keep it clean :)

Blessings!

- Madeline Joy


Comments

  1. Wow, what a great first post, Madeline! =) I love your heart and passion for writing! I'll be sticking around your lovely blog from now on. =)

    Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! A beautiful first post. ❤
    I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful first post and you definitely have mine beat. (Seriously. You don't need to check. XD) I look forward to seeing more content from you. Thanks for commenting on my blog and good luck with your blogging journey.

    ~Ivie
    iviewrites.blogspot.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I found you! Lovely blog btw! This post was so relatable and you have such poetic style! *thumbs up*

    Lisa
    thisinkwell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love this. <3 so sweet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1/15/2018

    I love the intro! We are SO alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1/15/2018

      Also, if you want to check out my blog, go to this URL: randomalley.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I just checked out your blog, and it looks great!

      Delete
    3. Anonymous1/20/2018

      Oh, I'm so sorry, I posted the wrong URL haha... I have no idea what that blog is :( I'm so sorry again...

      My REAL URL is: randomalley707.blogspot.com

      Please check it out, I need feedback desperately! I hope you like it!

      Delete
    4. Anonymous1/20/2018

      Also, Donkey is Saige, I'm posting with my real name now :)

      Sorry again for the confusion!

      Delete
    5. It's fine! :)

      I actually found your blog by clicking on your blogger profile... So I didn't even use the first URL you gave. (If that makes sense...)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear any thoughts you may have! Comments make my day! Just keep it clean, please =)

Popular posts from this blog

October is Ending...

Windowpane Girl