Little Things I'm Thankful For


i'm thankful for
late nights
cold air
sacred silence
counting stars

stirring trees
leaves on the wind
snowflakes in my hair
winter waking


i'm thankful for
quiet skies
safe darkness 
hidden whispers
answered prayers

frozen fingers
icy ears
red nose
a warming heart
set free to melt

just
a million stars
winter wind
autumn trees
God
and me


i'm thankful for
peace 
found at midnight
arms stretched to the sky
or wrapped around a tree

heavens aglow 
with a thousand wishes
waiting 
to 
be 
whispered


i'm thankful for
life
fog from my breath
heart beating beneath my jacket
warm and cold warring inside

every blessing
laughter
little sisters
music heard in the silence
poetry that fills my mind

healing
renewed trust
growing friendships
second chances

Jesus.


Happy Thanksgiving, dear reader.

Blessings!

- Madeline Joy 


Comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! This is lovely--thank you for reminding me about all the things we have to be thankful for. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gray! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! <3

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving!! This was a lovely post <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Madeline!! This poem really touched me.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine! Happy Thanksgiving! <3

      Delete
  4. Here in Australia we don't have Thanksgiving, but I can always use a reminder to think about God's blessings - blessings I may be overlooking every day. This was a lovely post, Madeline <3
    - Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you wrote these as mini poems! Even the smallest things can be big blessings. The pictures are lovely as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful to read! At first I didn't notice it was a poem but I loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear any thoughts you may have! Comments make my day! Just keep it clean, please =)

Popular posts from this blog

October is Ending...

A Girl and Her Dream

Windowpane Girl