Life Update: May 2018

Hi everyone. 

My life has been changing in a lot of ways recently. 

To be honest, I'm not really sure where to begin.


I have been home schooled ever since third grade.  But this last December, I had several serious discussions with my parents about school.  

Homeschooling just wasn't working for me anymore.  I really struggle with motivation and am a procrastinator.  As I started high school and finished a couple more years at home, I began to fall behind in schoolwork.  

So my parents decided to let me visit a local Christian school in late December.  I had played on the basketball team there for three years, and had several friends who went there.

After visiting, I decided to start taking an art class in the afternoons at the school.  I was still struggling to decide if I should attend there full time this coming year.  

Then God changed my life in a way I could never have imagined.

In winter 2018, my parents had a family meeting with me and my younger sisters.  They told us that our mom had been offered a job.  

A job at the Christian school.  Full time.  

If she took the job, all of us would enroll there late this spring and we would be finished with homeschooling.  My parents wanted to do whatever would be best for us.

Long story short, my mom decided to take the job.

God gave us a way to go to school, and also have our mom there with us.  

Then one of my friend's families decided to also enroll at the school this fall.  When I was afraid of losing my friends, God provided a way for me to still see one of my closest friends every day. 

So, I started school full time last Wednesday.

Life is pretty full.  It's frightening and messy and different.  I'm learning how to wake up before dawn and retrain my nocturnal instincts.  I'm making new friends and trying to stay close to my old friends.  I'm wearing khaki's and button up shirts more than I ever thought I would.  

But it's kind of beautiful.  And I'm choosing to believe that God knows what he's doing.


How's your life been recently?  I'm so thankful for each of you, and hope you have an amazing week!  You're in my prayers, dear reader. <3

Blessings!

Comments

  1. Wow, what a curveball! So glad things are going great for you Madeline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that must be quite the change for you! I hope you're enjoying it and that you get a lot out of it. I've never been homeschooled but I'd imagine it'd be crazy difference. Let us know how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! It is a big difference, but things are going really well! It's been a good change!

      Delete
  3. I am my last year of homeschool. It would be weird to change it up. 😃 hope it goes good.
    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear any thoughts you may have! Comments make my day! Just keep it clean, please =)

Popular posts from this blog

October is Ending...

A Girl and Her Dream

Windowpane Girl