When It's Almost Christmas

Hi everyone!

It's almost Christmas!!!  I am (still) trying to figure out how December went by so quickly!

And, yes, I haven't posted in over a month.  (Sorry guys!) Life has been insanely and amazingly busy.


Honestly?  It doesn't always feel like Christmas time.  I have noticed that as I grow older, Christmas becomes less and less magical for me.  Sometimes it's a struggle to even get into the 'Christmas spirit' at all.

I love Christmas.  But the things I love most about it have changed since I was a little girl setting out cookies for Santa.

I love thinking about Mary.  She was just a teenage girl when her world was completely changed.  She was willing to risk everything to follow God's plan for her life.

I love thinking about Joseph.  Even when he thought Mary had sinned against him, he still refused to disgrace her.

I love listening to Christmas music.

I love hanging up every Christmas card we get in our living room.

I love watching Christmas movies with my friends.

I love the smell and taste of Christmas cookies.

I love going to the Christmas Eve candlelight service at my church.

I love watching the Polar Express late on Christmas Eve with my family.

I love eating biscuits and gravy for breakfast on Christmas Day.

I love remembering a day over 2,000 years ago when everything changed for humanity.


Merry Christmas, dear reader.  I hope you have an amazing holiday!

Blessings!

- Madeline Joy

Comments

  1. Lovely post Madeline! So many of the things you mentioned are my favorite parts of Christmas too! I enjoyed reading it! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Woodhouse! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. I love all of those things as well! Merry Christmas, Madeline!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to Christmas losing it's magic, but I still love the vibe I get from children during the season, as well as remembering the reason for the season itself.

    Merry Christmas! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Gray! <3

      I love watching how excited kids get during the Christmas season - it helps me to remember how amazing Christmas can be!

      Delete
  4. Madeline, you captured the magic of Christmas so beautifully! I hope you had a blessed Christmas and a wonderful holiday season. xo
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sanjana! I hope you had a great holiday season too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear any thoughts you may have! Comments make my day! Just keep it clean, please =)

Popular posts from this blog

October is Ending...

Windowpane Girl

A Girl and Her Dream